The Right Care Right Here partners have been working together for over 10 years on our vision for Sandwell and West Birmingham.
Because of Right Care Right Here:
- £150million has been invested in providing new first class healthcare facilities across Sandwell and West Birmingham
- A range of health centres have been built as well as the £35m Birmingham Treatment Centre, we’re now bringing services closer to home for patients, and giving them more choice about where and when they receive care
- Services such as dentistry, podiatry, speech and language therapy, minor injuries, and respiratory clinics have, in a number of areas, become community based, working alongside GP practices to offer a huge improvement in the way services are delivered
- 110,000 people receive outpatient care in the community, 100,000 urgent care appointments are provided in the community and 40,000 bed days of immediate care are now provided in the community
- Stroke services were transformed, centralising hyper acute stroke surgery onto the Sandwell General Hospital site in March 2013. Already we have seen improvements to patient outcomes with more patients admitted to a stroke unit within four hours, increased scanning and thrombolysis
- The Community Orthopaedic Service provides additional triage and preparation to ensure that everything that can be done has been done, before an operation
- New primary care facilities have been opened, with more under construction.
Right Care Right Here refreshed 2014-15
In July 2014 the programme took a step forward, with the Government giving the green light to the Midland Met Hospital. This was a major milestone for Sandwell and West Birmingham.
During 2014-15 a lot of work has taken place to revitalise the programme, now that we have the ‘green light’ from the Government. This includes:
- Appointing a Programme Chair and Programme Director to drive forward our work
- All partners reaffirming their commitment to the programme and partnership
- Developing our vision for 2025
- Establishing a number of workstreams to deliver our vision by 2025.
This puts us in a good place to start delivering our vision. You can find out more in our ‘what we will do' section.